Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May have found one
04-05-2019, 07:49
RE: May have found one
Jerry- good luck with the search. I have a friend who purchased a Prevost from them. Make sure everything is in writing- things to be fixed, etc before you sign. FYI

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2019, 12:55
Good Luck Jerry. Schneider now owns Xantrex which purchased Trace. They may be referring to the Schneider SW4024 which some are fitting to their Prevosts, or they may have replaced the inverters with good working but older Trace/Xantrex SW4024's. Get receipts and records for all work done. See if you can get service info from Prevost. The batteries may need to be individually load tested to see if they're okay. If they check out good you can save a lot of money by keeping them in service.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
04-08-2019, 19:09
I viewed and drove the bus on Friday. I was actually surprised at how clean it was with it being 21 years old. I always had an 8V92 so this was the first time I drove a series 60. What a difference in the "get up an go". It rode very smooth and handled nice.

It is a consignment coach. The sales guy is now telling me that the owner just replaced all batteries and they have a 10 year warranty. I could not see the batteries since Vantare located them behind a drawer unit in the second bay, so I am waiting for them to produce a receipt. Everything was in good working order. I was a bit overwhelmed with the electronics compared to my 1987 BB.

I ended up putting down a deposit with some condition, so if all goes well, I will be picking it up on the 19th.

I really like the coach, but it is bitter sweet, because I also love my BB.

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
04-09-2019, 08:50
I may lead a sheltered life, but what manufacturer warrants batteries for 10 years?
Jerry- you will have good memories on your bird. I had 4 and my head is almost full- just enough room to enjoy my Liberty

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
04-09-2019, 16:27 (This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 16:33 by davidbrady.)
Good for you Jerry. Congrats! I hope the purchase goes thru with few if any hitches. Vantare builds a good coach. You'll catch on to the systems in no time. The key is to study the Trace SW4024 inverter manual. The inverters are the centerpiece of the electrical system. As far as the bittersweet moment, I think you'll get over that as soon as you enjoy a couple of trouble free trips with no fixit list upon your return and no 'R'uined 'V'acation, change of plans, moments!

david brady,

04-09-2019, 20:58
Hope it checks out ok Jerry . I also have a Vantare ,as does David so feel free to ask away . Like most guys here who have left there BB the memories last a lifetime, so time to build new ones with your Prevost , you wont be disappointed .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
04-09-2019, 21:15
Thanks everyone.....I am sure I will have lots of questions on my maiden voyage home.

Jerry Kocher
San Francisco, CA
04-18-2019, 15:58
During the PDI, Premium Coach Group found an issue with one of the inverters. The present owner agreed to install a new one, so my pick-up date has been pushed out a week to Thursday the 24th..........I am glad they found the issue and not me, but the anticipation is driving me crazy!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve......

Jerry Kocher
San Francisco, CA
04-18-2019, 20:01
I'm feeling the same way Jerry. I got a call from Donnie Myers Luxury Coach today. My coach is just a week or so away from completing the collision work and the extra work I'm having them do. They sent some pics and it's truly brand new looking. I'm very excited about picking it up!

david brady,

04-24-2019, 06:42
Good luck with the sale Jerry! I remember when you bought your PT. It was also one of the buses I was considering at the time and you and I had a few good chats. As I remember it was a decent PT. Now you will have a new experience in your Prevost.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)