Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May have found one
04-24-2019, 15:08
RE: May have found one
Thanks Gary......I am looking forward to the new experience. I am scheduled to fly down to Phoenix tomorrow morning, after a one week delay. I just received an email from my sale guy stating that the new inverter arrived this morning and indicated that the bus may not be ready as planned. I may have to push the pick up date out a few more days....UURRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2019, 19:46
Jerry, Do you have any details on the inverter they used to replace the defective one ? For many of us replacing the 4024 is inevitable .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
04-24-2019, 20:53
(04-24-2019 19:46)cubeman Wrote:  Jerry, Do you have any details on the inverter they used to replace the defective one ? For many of us replacing the 4024 is inevitable .

I hope that's not true. Very shorty I'll have a set of fully assembled power and FET driver boards available for testing. The magnetics (transformers) will never wear out.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
04-25-2019, 09:51
David , That is good news all around .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
04-30-2019, 17:35
(04-24-2019 19:46)cubeman Wrote:  Jerry, Do you have any details on the inverter they used to replace the defective one ? For many of us replacing the 4024 is inevitable .

Al, I will find out tomorrow when I pick up the coach.

Jerry Kocher
San Francisco, CA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jerry_94110's post:
davidbrady (04-30-2019)
04-30-2019, 22:04
Thank you and
Enjoy the trip Jerry , exciting day for sure .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-04-2019, 16:48
I can now officially change my signature line........

I picked up the coach on Wednesday late afternoon due to being delayed at San Francisco Airport for several hours due to the plane having technical issues. As I was sitting on the plane, crazy thoughts were racing through my mind. Is this delay a sign to back out, is some higher being trying to tell me something?? What am I getting myself into?? Well I am sure glad I did not let my anxiety get the best of me.... The PDI went well with no issues and I pulled out of Phoenix at 6:30pm with temperature around 80. The OTR worked great, actually I was a bit cold. I ended up stopping at a rest area around Palms Springs at 10:30pm. The drive was great, very smooth and no issues. It was a warm evening so I ran the generator the entire time I was stopped along with the cruise airs. I am amazed at how quite the generator along with the cruise airs were. The next day I drove another 7 hours to a travel center to fill up. I lucked out with fuel being $3.99 compared to earlier signs showing it to be around $4.30. I left Phoenix with a full tank and drove 686 miles. I ended up putting 89 gallons in, so I figured I got around 7.7 MPG with running the generator for about 7 hours. Much improvement from the 8V92. The next morning I drove into S.F. Bay Area to my storage facility. I ran the generator again to charge up the batteries.

I did have one issue when I was putting it in storage. When I put the coach in Drive, it did not engage 1st gear, it started to beep. The shift panel showed "6" on the left and "N" the right even though I press "D". I then repeated the process by pressing "N" then "D" and it went into gear. The displayed showed "6" on left and "1" on the right. I will have to see if this continues. The good news is there is a Prevost service center less then an hour from my storage place in Newark, CA.....That alone is a weight of my shoulders.

I will start a new thread later regarding proper shut down for storage. I want to make sure I am shutting everything down properly for a coach that is not plugged into electric.

Jerry Kocher
San Francisco, CA
05-04-2019, 20:14
Congrats Jerry and welcome to the 40’ XL club, I am sure that you are going to love the new coach.

Jim Doel
2000 Liberty XL 40’
Perth, ON
[-] The following 1 user Likes JD33's post:
Jerry_94110 (05-04-2019)
05-05-2019, 09:02
Way to Go Jerry Smile quick question did you find the OTR air to cold ? Curious why you ran the genny when you had OTR . Also the inverter would have had no issue running 2 airs if you needed to . Yours should be like my coach .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-05-2019, 09:16
Al, perhaps he shut the main engine down so OTR air inop

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)