Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
05-13-2019, 16:29 (This post was last modified: 05-13-2019 16:34 by davidbrady.)
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
Jerry,

While dry camping you can try this trick. Inverter_1 controls your generator. Dip into Menu 10 (Battery Charging) and note the Absorption time, typically 3 hours. Now go into Inverter_2 and set it's absorption time for 4 hours. Inverter_1 will shutoff the generator when it's absorption timer expires. With this setting you should never see Inverter_1 in absorption while Inverter_2 is in float.

Similarly, while driving I often set my Absorption time to something very high like 8 hours. Make this change on both inverters. Now start the generator. Both inverters will stay in absorption eliminating the fighting of the charge cycles; i.e., float in one inverter and absorption in the other. It's okay to keep your inverters in float for this long because often we don't fully charge our batteries; hence, a good long absorption time is good for the batteries. Also, the 50DN is going to keep the charge on the house AGMs at 28.8 VDC anyway.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters - davidbrady - 05-13-2019 16:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)