Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
02-19-2019, 10:27
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
Al,

I went over here: https://techpub.prevostcar.com and I put in 1997 (chassis year), 45' motorhome conversion, XL, and I got the below manual which says all airbags should be 11.5" +-0.25". I set mine to the lower end of this window for a more planted feel. There's a ton of documentation on the PrevostCar website for all of our buses.

PrevostGurus->ForumTools->Library->Other->XL_Maintenance_Manual.pdf

Don't let them set it to 12", they did on mine and it was amazing how topsy turvy the bus became.

One time I went to Prevost in Goodlettesville, Tn and the shop Foreman argued with me over what weight capacity steer axle SpongeBob has. I said it was 18K, he said "no it isn't", I said "yes it is", he said "no it isn't". You can imagine how long this went on. LOL! So he grabbed me and we went to the bus where he enjoyed a little crow in the morning. Another time they were going to install new steer axle air bags. The techs already lifted the bus and started removing the old stuff. I took one look at the tiny air springs they brought out and I said, "stop, those won't work on my bus", again... a bunch of head scratching on their part before they realized I have an 18K lb steer axle. They went to parts and guess what? No air springs in stock for my axle! Glad I stopped them! You need to stay on top of things when you have them do work on your bus. It's a wonderful resource and I really don't think there's room for excuses, but they have a lot of different bus models and a lot of different springs and axle setups and the techs don't have it all in their heads.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters - davidbrady - 02-19-2019 10:27

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)