Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
02-06-2019, 13:37
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
(02-05-2019 22:22)cubeman Wrote:  No Ernie , we are still learning about the new coach here in Fla , but do plan to hit the road soon and head west . All I know is it is a good thing there is a Ocean cause I want to drive this baby , lol . We will be sure to look you up when we get out there Ernie and thank you for the offer .

David, Thank you for the Trace info . We practiced some dry camping today and even without realizing , the air units are so quiet , that one was on for a while and the genny never came on .

But this evening when we connected the electric the Genny came on after 20 or so minutes ? I hope to get a answer on that one in the morning when I talk to Richard here at the old Parliament . Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on ? The only way I stopped it was to turn off the auto start from the inverter.

Al,

I'm guessing that you almost depleted the house battery bank to the auto gen set point while you were practicing dry camping, especially if you were running AC units. When you plugged in the inverter/chargers were not able to charge the battery bank fast enough to prevent further discharge at which point the Auto Gen did what it is supposed to do and started the gen to help recharge the batteries. At least you know that the auto start is working properly.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters - cmillsap - 02-06-2019 13:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)