Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
02-19-2019, 10:37
RE: Setting your Trace Auto Gen Start Parameters
Wow David and just when I thought they were the experts ! Thank you for the link and I will be sure to continue my practice of researching the issue prior to having it repaired. Reminds me of the time I took the BB to a dealer listing on the HWH web site for a non extending slide. Well after 3 days the tech shows up on a Sat morning with his 12 year old son ( as his helper he told me he would be bringing) and a 2 lb sledge ! He begins to tell me he figured it out while he was sleeping and decided it needed a little persuasion !!! This was after I had provided him all the docs from HWH web site and clearly it said never use a hammer . I guess he did not even read the documents . Well I told him thanks, but no thanks and to enjoy his day with his son . Drove to Parliament and Johnnie spent 3 hrs on the phone with HWH rewiring the valves the tech had moved around . The issue turned out to just be a bad extend valve . One day I will finish the story around a campfire as it gets better Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2019, 10:57
(02-19-2019 10:37)cubeman Wrote:  One day I will finish the story around a campfire as it gets better Smile

Sound like a doozey Al; I look forward to it.

Also, if you're not happy with the bill that Prevost presents to you for the service rendered, and you won't be (LOL!), negotiate with them. They're an hourly shop not a job (flat rate) shop, except for a few things like alignments. This means the techs take as long as they need. You can count on $2000 per day. Rarely do I get out of there for anything less than this. Hourly is good in the sense they have infinite time and patience to do things other shops would skip; however, it can get very, very expensive. For instance, I had one of my windshields replaced and the cost was $5000.00! Well, one windshield turned into a windshield and a seal which turned into a windshield and a seal and a broken second windshield as they were removing it, to a brand new style seal that the techs weren't familiar with which turned into 3 guys for 3 solid days plus parts. I negotiated it down to $3500 or so and then I submitted it to my insurance company and they picked up the entire amount, to my surprise. Wow, was that long winded? Smile

I'm always there when they work on my bus so I can keep them on track, get them to do things to my liking, and have notes to negotiate the bill with the bean counter! LOL!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-19-2019, 11:09 (This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 11:28 by cmillsap.)
David,

Given that the H3-45 is considerably taller than the XL, could it be that using the same air spring inflation height that is recommended by Prevost for both the XL & H3 cause the H3 to be less stable on the chassis? It would seem to me that the wind effect on the taller H3 side walls could be considerably more than on an XL.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-19-2019, 11:41
(02-19-2019 11:09)cmillsap Wrote:  David,

Given that the H3-45 is considerably taller than the XL, could it be that using the same air spring inflation height that is recommended by Prevost for both the XL & H3 cause the H3 to be less stable on the chassis? It would seem to me that the wind effect on the taller H3 side walls could be considerably more than on an XL.

I agree Chuck. The H is probably more sensitive to ride height variations. Coming from the Wanderlodge world, it's you and me and others like us who aren't afraid to go in there and make a few small adjustments to optimize chassis behavior. I have to thank our Wanderlodge days for this ability!

david brady,

02-19-2019, 12:14
lol , yes and I also know Tim is a member of your club . I remember the first time I read on WOG how Tim wanted a better ride and all he was doing and I said to myself , " Tim will soon own a Prevost " sure enough I ran into Tim over on PC last week Smile

As to Prevost recommended spring height I think I will start with the 12" recommended and go from there since ours is a XL and not a H .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-19-2019, 13:37
I don't know Tim. Don't think he was ever a member of WanderlodeGurus, but I could be wrong. A quick search of PC reveals that he's now the proud owner of a 2001 XLII Marathon #670. Good for him. Al, I've been forever banned from PC, (surprise!), so you won't be finding me over there. The owners over there weren't happy when I started PrevostGurus so they created a story (lie) and found a way to kick me off. Their loss! LOL!

david brady,

02-19-2019, 18:54 (This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 19:22 by cubeman.)
O boy there you go again , lol -Keep in mind Erika and only watch or see a TV while out to eat lol . So the web is all I have . who knows if I wasn't such a channel surfer maybe I would still be allowed to have a TV . We turned the TV area in the bedroom into more storage , lol whats that tell you

thank you for the linkes David very good info there for sure . I plan to take a look under there Sat and see if she was greased as I was told .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-19-2019, 19:25
Al,
PC kicked me off their forum also. Jon & Tom have their own little fiefdom and business interests going on there. If you disagree with mostly anything they say, you may get kicked off. They probably kicked me off because I am David's friend. Who needs them anyway? We have plenty of assistance and expertise here whenever our members need help.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-19-2019, 22:01
where have I heard this story before Smile But seriously , If I knew as much as you guys do I would most likely hold my ground also , but I don't and so I work the middle Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-19-2019, 23:22
Hey Al, I wouldn't want to be a member of any forum that would have me; in fact, I'd probably get kicked out of this one too if I didn't have the only set of keys! Chuck and I are just two incorrigible human beans happy to be amongst one another! LOL!

david brady,

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)