Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headhunter Pump not pumping
09-03-2018, 10:17
Headhunter Pump not pumping
I think Spongebob is acting out. LOL! The pump worked beautifully during our two month summer trip, then I parked him for 30 days and now it seems the pump quit. When I flip on the power the pump hums momentarily then stops, as if it's building up pressure, but no pressure or flow out the faucets. It's like the pressure switch within the pump failed. Ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2018, 13:10 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2018 13:13 by cmillsap.)
RE: Headhunter Pump not pumping
David,

Do you have a solenoid operated pressure switch/valve in the line between your pump and the toilet that may be stuck and not allowing the pump to run? If so, sometimes the diaphragm inside gets dirty and needs cleaning.

Here's a pic of that switch on my coach.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
09-03-2018, 20:10
I hope so Chuck, thanks for the tip. I'll pull out my schematics to see what I can find. That would make sense. The pump is behaving as if it's at full pressure, but no pressure at any of the faucets. I didn't check to see if the toilet flushes - silly me. I was in too much of a hurry.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
09-06-2018, 10:33
David
Take a small hammer and lightly tap the pump it should come back on line. Had the same problem with my former coach that work for us. Good luck
02-01-2019, 22:16
David , What did you find to be the issue ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-02-2019, 12:55
I guess my pump is getting old in the tooth. I was able to get it working again by removing the quarter size plastic cap on the end and gently jiggling the pump shaft with a screwdriver. I haven't had a problem since, but you know it'll fail right when I need it, so a new one is on my list. Thankfully the exchange program is still honored.

david brady,

02-02-2019, 21:54
Good news I like when a thread has a Happy ending . Actually I like when a thread has a ending .

Am I the only one who while searching for a issue finds the problem only to be let down when the OP does not report the solution ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-02-2019, 22:04
Yes, you're the only one! Actually, my pet peeve is dead-end links with nothing further to go on. How frustrating is that! It goes something like this: Look over here for the meaning to life. When the link goes 404 we have nothing else to go on. Wouldn't it be nice if folks to added additional search info like title, author, search terms, so we may have a chance of finding it?

david brady,

02-02-2019, 23:36
Al
If you call Headhunter and give them your pump serial #, they will quoted a replacement cost for your pump, you have to mail yours pump back to them. The last time I called they told me it would cost $600.00 to get a new replacement pump.
Glade you made it to the Prevost side of the world. Are you in Palm Springs CA for the winter?
02-03-2019, 13:02
Thank you Hish and so are we glade to make it over here . You guys were very helpful to us during your bird ownership and I'm happy I can now have you back for Prevost Ownership lol

That's great info on the Headhunter. I do believe the head is also a headhunter and needs water pressure to work . Sound correct ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)