Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bag Unload button
10-06-2017, 02:11
Bag Unload button
Prevost gave me the link to their manuals, but this still has me stumped: On my 1996 Prevost Royale by Monaco, there is a rocker switch on the row beneath the cruise control switches which says "Bag Unload" and has an X through those words. No diagrams in the manuals show this button.

Is this to empty my air bags? Or to unlock cargo bay to unload baggage? It doesn't currently seem to do anything. If it is to empty air bags, does pressing down on the bottom of the rocker switch where the words and the x are printed cause air bags to empty, or prevent air bags from emptying? Thanks for your help!
Doug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 08:24
RE: Bag Unload button
Doug, all the converters did their own design. On my Liberty, I have 4 rocker switches that I can raise/lower the coach by the bags. Air up your coach to travel height and press that switch to see what it does.
12-10-2017, 23:42
Turns out the button is for "Tag Unload", not bag unload. It is activated to prevent the bus from automatically lifting the tag axle for tight parking lot maneuvers. Reading glasses and a bright flashlight, plus a Prevost manual helped me figure it out :-)

Doug
12-11-2017, 00:46 (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 00:51 by cmillsap.)
(12-10-2017 23:42)Tidwells@aol.com Wrote:  Turns out the button is for "Tag Unload", not bag unload. It is activated to prevent the bus from automatically lifting the tag axle for tight parking lot maneuvers. Reading glasses and a bright flashlight, plus a Prevost manual helped me figure it out :-)

Doug
Doug,

What is the year and model of your bus? Does the tag axle actually lift or does it just unload the tag axle.?
It is more likely activated to allow the tag axle bags to unload the tag axle and therefore allow the bus to turn in a tighter radius. Is there a tag axle lift switch located on the left arm console rearward of the Level-Low controls? I've not seen a Prevost that will automatically lift the tag, maybe the newer models do??

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)