Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a KVH Tracvision Radome
07-19-2018, 19:19
Star Need a KVH Tracvision Radome
I guess I hit one too many branches. any one know if these circa 2004 domes are available?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2018, 07:52
RE: Need a KVH Tracvision Radome
get a winegard traveler- then you will have digital tv
07-21-2018, 12:43
Thanks Ernie, for the trip home I got up there and I gorilla taped the gaping hole to make it water tight. When I get home I'll remove the kvh and plate over it. This will lower the height of my bus by a foot! I'll look into winegard. I'd rather not mount anything to the roof.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
07-21-2018, 22:34
(07-21-2018 12:43)davidbrady Wrote:  Thanks Ernie, for the trip home I got up there and I gorilla taped the gaping hole to make it water tight. When I get home I'll remove the kvh and plate over it. This will lower the height of my bus by a foot! I'll look into winegard. I'd rather not mount anything to the roof.

David
You need a new GPS to keep you off the low bridges. How did your KVH cover brake? I know when on the cost, there is always rain possibility.
If you are heading east, will be going through monsoon season lots of rain thunder and dust NV AZ MN area. have great trip home.
If you want to try the 113 degrees with you Cruisairs try our area Tuesday on next week
07-22-2018, 03:28 (This post was last modified: 07-22-2018 03:43 by davidbrady.)
Hish, I hit a few tree branches getting to this KOA we're staying at in California. It didn't seem like anything excessive at the time which leads me to believe the cover was probably already weakened from previous hits. The cover is extraordinary brittle, almost like glass. I can't find a replacement online so I'll pursue the winegard solution. We never use it so it won't be missed. I've been using my new Garmin RV 770 for this trip but it routed me down Buena Vista Dr in La Selva Beach,CA which turned out to have some low branches. It's been a good GPS though. The Cruisairs work beautifully in any temperature you'll find me at. 113 is not for me. Smile Probably going to head home on I70 for a quick stop in Colorado. Thanks for the invite.

david brady,

07-22-2018, 09:24
" I'd rather not mount anything to the roof" So- where is the dome located? My Winegard sits lower than the dome that use to be there- just sayin'
07-22-2018, 11:30
David
I had a KVH cover when were in FL but got rid of it before we left. I will check with the people I gave to to see if they still have it, will get back with you soon I hope.
07-23-2018, 15:23
Ernie, I'll probably put it back on the roof. The KVH raised my roof height to 13' 6". The next highest item on the roof is the UHF/VHF antenna which is at 13'. I think the winegard is 4" shorter than the KVH, so it'll be just a smidge higher than my TV antenna. Should be fine.

Hish, thanks! The simplest solution would be a new radome for my KVH.

david brady,

07-23-2018, 20:10 (This post was last modified: 07-23-2018 20:14 by cmillsap.)
(07-23-2018 15:23)davidbrady Wrote:  Ernie, I'll probably put it back on the roof. The KVH raised my roof height to 13' 6". The next highest item on the roof is the UHF/VHF antenna which is at 13'. I think the winegard is 4" shorter than the KVH, so it'll be just a smidge higher than my TV antenna. Should be fine.

Hish, thanks! The simplest solution would be a new radome for my KVH.

David, I'd consider an open lay down dish if you can't find a KVA dome.
Laying down in travel position, it should be lower than your UHF antenna. I too have a KVA dome satellite dish altho we very seldom use it. With digital air channels and park cable, we get all the TV that I want to watch.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
08-15-2018, 15:05
Here's what it looks like with the radome removed. Vantare built quite an aluminum cradle to house the antenna. The cradle is welded to the roof cross members. Next I need to remove the antenna itself and then fabricate an aluminum plate to cover the cradle. The plate needs to be strong enough to support a KVH RV1 or a Wineguard Playmaker, or similar at around 10 lbs. The cradle is 40" in diameter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)