Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruisairs- the saga continues
03-20-2019, 11:01
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues
You're better off not going there anyway Ernie - they'd be ultra expensive. Please let us know how Martinez works out. Good luck!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2019, 13:20
During my visits to Marathon Dallas, I have observed Gary's crew repairing Crusairs on Liberty and other converter coaches than Marathon.

I've known Gary since I bought my coach from Marathon. I've found him to be a forthright and honest person. In an effort to share both sides of the story I asked Gary for his response to Ernie's post above.

Here it is:

Good Morning Mr. Millsap,
Thanks for sending this over to me. Wow all of this is completely false… Here at Marathon Texas we work on all brands of coaches that comes through the gate. I only made mention to buying a Marathon Coach when he brought it up. I explained to Ernie we work on Cruisairs but DO NOT replace the compressors on the Cruisairs when they are locked up, we have to send them out to be repaired.

It’s not fair when a lot of information is left out of a post just to make a person look bad.

Thanks again for the email!

Gary Vincent
Service Manager

Marathon Coach Inc.
1175 Post & Paddock Lane
Grand Prairie Texas 75050

1-800-448-8881
Phone: 972-206-1064
Fax: 972-623-3882

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-20-2019, 15:09
I think Gary's being sensitive. If you're in retail and especially motorcoach service you need thick skin. You can't let mild stuff like this rub you the wrong way. Can you imagine a world where every retailer spoke up over every comment ever made? You do your best job and then let it in one ear and out the other. Doing anything else reflects badly. Remember the old axiom: The customer is always right.

david brady,

03-20-2019, 15:57 (This post was last modified: 03-20-2019 17:24 by cmillsap.)
(03-20-2019 15:09)davidbrady Wrote:  I think Gary's being sensitive. If you're in retail and especially motorcoach service you need thick skin. You can't let mild stuff like this rub you the wrong way. Can you imagine a world where every retailer spoke up over every comment ever made? You do your best job and then let it in one ear and out the other. Doing anything else reflects badly. Remember the old axiom: The customer is always right.

On the other hand, David, if someone is posting comments that reflect negatively on you personally and you company, you would certainly want to set the record straight.

Unbeknownst to my friend Ernie, I went to bat for him back when he felt that Prevost Dallas wasn't treating him right and rightly so. I asked my contacts there to be more considerate of Ernie's issues. They responded and went well over and above to make Ernie happy. So, the way I see it is Gary has the right and should have the right to respond to negatives comments against him and Marathon.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-20-2019, 18:55 (This post was last modified: 03-20-2019 18:57 by Ernie Ekberg.)
Well- here we go- Why on earth would I mention about buying a Marathon when I am happy with my Liberty?
I said the compressor maybe bad and needs replaced. I didn't say it was locked up.
So this guy just called me a liar. I damn sure won't cross his threshold again, nor recommend anyone to take their coaches there.
He seems to be Mr. Slick- but not on my dime.

all you people know me- some for decades.
Oh- and Mr. Slick- still hasn't called.

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
03-20-2019, 19:24
You're right Ernie, I've known you for over a decade and your word is all I need. My mistake for not saying so right out. Sometimes it's so assumed and taken for grated we don't express it. The legitimacy of what you said was never a question in my mind. My apologies for coming across wrong.

david brady,

09-16-2019, 08:18
Update on my Cruisairs:
I have had many individuals come out that "knew" about air conditioning systems. It seems when they arrive and I show them what I have, their eyes glaze over. They fiddle with this and fiddle with that and give up.
I have given up.
I installed 2 new Brisk air 15000 on the roof. Pretty easy, as I have done a bunch of these in my past life. Ran the wires to the old Cruisair wiring. These units only use 14 amps, vs the "others" with their 23+ amps.
We are nice and cool. IT'S DONE!!

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
09-19-2019, 12:42
(09-16-2019 08:18)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  Update on my Cruisairs:
I have had many individuals come out that "knew" about air conditioning systems. It seems when they arrive and I show them what I have, their eyes glaze over. They fiddle with this and fiddle with that and give up.
I have given up.
I installed 2 new Brisk air 15000 on the roof. Pretty easy, as I have done a bunch of these in my past life. Ran the wires to the old Cruisair wiring. These units only use 14 amps, vs the "others" with their 23+ amps.

Congrats Ernie that is the best thing to do on every Cruisair in service. for the cost of one of none performing Cruisairs you can have 4 roof airs installed that will not die in the hot southwest weather. I speak from first hand experience with my Liberty Cruisairs that would not work in Nevada or Arizona in the summer. I had to have a water hose running with water on to keep the units cool when parked running "that is not allowed in California due to water restrictions".
09-25-2019, 08:40
(09-16-2019 08:18)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  Update on my Cruisairs:
I have given up.

Nice work Ernie I look forward to talking to you about this upgrade when I see you in Oct Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
09-25-2019, 22:01
I am to understand that AAV in Milford VA are experts in repairing Cruise Air’s. While I get that Cruise Air’s are not as efficient as one would like in extremely hot weather, I think that when mine need repair I will at least go there and see what they can do with them.

Jim Doel
2000 Liberty XL 40’
Perth, ON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)