Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you do to your bus today
05-21-2018, 20:50 (This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 11:23 by travelite.)
Thumbs Up What did you do to your bus today
Today I serviced the Aquahot and the generator, and I installed a new CruisAire SMXII controller, I also installed new lumbar air seat control valves, and I cut the preformed, cracked, and deteriorated end off my shore power cord and I clamped on a Hubbel 3 pole 4. wire 50A NEMA plug, and I installed a new chassis AC compressor v-belt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2018, 00:09
RE: What did you do to your bus today
Today, getting ready for a road trip, Yippee!, I checked tire pressures, just had the bus serviced at Prevost, found the driver side drive tires set at 100psi and the passenger side set at 90psi, ARG!, ran the genset under load for 30 minutes, filled the tank with nice fresh water, inspected the tow bar, filled the 'fridge with beer, stowed the gear underneath, did my general walkaround and Man O' Man, tomorrow we're outta here...……….

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
05-22-2018, 23:31
(05-22-2018 00:09)cmillsap Wrote:  Today, getting ready for a road trip, Yippee!, I checked tire pressures, just had the bus serviced at Prevost, found the driver side drive tires set at 100psi and the passenger side set at 90psi, ARG!, ran the genset under load for 30 minutes, filled the tank with nice fresh water, inspected the tow bar, filled the 'fridge with beer, stowed the gear underneath, did my general walkaround and Man O' Man, tomorrow we're outta here...……….

Sounds like your good to go Chuck, where you heading?

Robert Britton

Robert Britton
99 Marathon XL40
05-22-2018, 23:53
(05-22-2018 23:31)Robert Britton Wrote:  
(05-22-2018 00:09)cmillsap Wrote:  Today, getting ready for a road trip, Yippee!, I checked tire pressures, just had the bus serviced at Prevost, found the driver side drive tires set at 100psi and the passenger side set at 90psi, ARG!, ran the genset under load for 30 minutes, filled the tank with nice fresh water, inspected the tow bar, filled the 'fridge with beer, stowed the gear underneath, did my general walkaround and Man O' Man, tomorrow we're outta here...……….

Sounds like your good to go Chuck, where you heading?

Robert Britton

Bigfork, Montana

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
[-] The following 1 user Likes cmillsap's post:
Robert Britton (05-23-2018)
05-23-2018, 10:23
Chuck and Tela
Have a safe trip, please stop in on your way back.
Hish and Sue
06-02-2018, 21:18
Added a charging wire to my toad, a Ford Flex. Don't laugh, I know it's pretty simple, and in my case long over due, but It's never fun nor easy removing the front fascia of any modern day car and attempting to find non-interfering routes for wires. The bus has a 20A CB protected feed to the accessory pin of my 6 pin connector. I installed a fresh battery in the toad and a 10A fuse protected 12 AWG pair of wires to the battery. The Ford Flex manual has a page on prep required for 4 down flat towing but there's no mention of a fuse to remove. My guess is Ford likes to keep the electric power steering energized. Well, after a season of suffering a couple of dead batteries I finally got-er-done!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
06-05-2018, 01:06 (This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 01:16 by cmillsap.)
Spent a couple of days repairing a broken latch on our coach’s utilities drop door. The latch was frozen shut and parts were broken and missing due to not being greased. The latch has a grease fitting so well hidden that no one would ever know it was there. It needs greasing to keep the latch operable.

Marathon designs and installs a unique utilities deployment system in their conversions. It consists of an air operated drop door that hinges down underneath the chassis in which the sewer hose and power cord are housed. A mechanical latch operated by a pulling solenoid latches the door in the up or closed position. The capped sewer hose is automatically deployed and retracted out the drop door by air pressure built inside the hose. The power cord is electrically deployed out the drop door by a Glendinning cord reel. This system is great so long as everything works as it should.

Marathon has updated and redesigned the working parts several times over the years and for good reason. If the closed latch fails to release the drop door or become inoperative, access to the utilities is not possible. Conversely, if it fails to latch the door in the up position, the door will slowly lower itself (due to air loss) and drag along the pavement subjecting itself to be destroyed or torn off. A new latch of the same vintage is no longer available from Marathon

First night out on our trip, the drop door would not open. The latch was stuck closed. Access to the latch is difficult (to say the least) but I finally got it open enough to release the door. Next morning, I drilled a hole in the lip of the door, closed the door and screwed it up to the bay’s floor so we could continue our trip. Did this each night until we reached our destination.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
06-05-2018, 07:59
The capped sewer hose is automatically deployed and retracted out the drop door by air pressure built inside the hose.
how can this be good?
06-05-2018, 12:39
Ernie
The system works, the design uses air to push the sewer hose out and a reversing switch to retract it. Very simple but annually you have to clean the reversing system or at least on our 04 Marathon XL2 we had to.
Chuck
Glad you made it your summer home will try to visit some time, maybe July. if not after September.
06-05-2018, 13:42
(06-05-2018 07:59)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  The capped sewer hose is automatically deployed and retracted out the drop door by air pressure built inside the hose.
how can this be good?

Ha Ha I haven't experienced any exploding sewer hoses but it might be a good idea to make sure the dump valve is closed before deploying the sewer hose. Big Grin

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)