Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums: The More the Merrier
10-25-2014, 22:22 (This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 21:23 by travelite.)
Forums: The More the Merrier
I happen to believe that everyone should have a forum. Having your own forum is really fun. It's part blog and part facebook. Actually FB does give everyone their own forum it just happens to run on FB servers which I think is wrong. FB lets you have a blog, a timeline and a bunch of friends, "members". A distributed FB would look very much like everyone having their own forum. Friends are members, the timeline is the posts of the day, and the blog is whatever you feel like musing about. Then all these individual forums can find each other. Each member/owner can become friends on other forums. The nice thing is, and this is key: your content is yours. It only resides on your forum, your server. This is what FB is scared of and its what another prevost internet forum is scared of. They want to own and control the content for their own agenda, which I think is wrong. They exploit their friends! And, if there's a new site coming along that threatens their agenda, they'll do whatever they can to squelch it and discredit the owner. This doesn't sound like community.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)