Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost support for older models
03-30-2018, 10:23
RE: Prevost support for older models
With as many XL coaches there are still in service, you can expect Prevost support many years to come. Keep in mind that Prevost is not immune to component obsolescence. Thankfully, there are few parts that aren't available and of those that aren't there is a used market or replacement market. Some items no longer available include the large side opening windows, door lock mechanism, and Bosch tail lights. I have the best designed tail light replacement assembly, so no worries about the obsolete Bosch lights.

Let me suggest you spend as much time looking at the converters systems and support for those systems. Some of the coach automation systems used then are no longer supported or available. Some converters won't supply electrical drawings, so it can be a PITA to work on or replace with something else. One converter used aluminum for their black/gray water tank. Yep, it is destined for failure. Hopefully, that is caught before there's bay damage.

Depending on your maintenance mindset, I strongly encourage you put Royale and Country Coach on your list. Both from companies that had more RV building experience than all other Prevost converters combined. CC was simple and Royale even simplier.

Some Prevost shops have reduced their Detroit service offerings, which should not be too concerning. There are reputable Detroit/Allison shops everywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prevost support for older models - CC_Guy - 03-30-2018 10:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)