01-05-2018, 12:14
Montana Registration Fee Hike
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2018/01/mont-l...-fee-hike/

Note the 10 year age exception.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2018, 09:49
RE: Montana Registration Fee Hike
when I had my prior coaches registered there, they were over 10 years and I got permanent tags for them
01-08-2018, 01:00
I think between the insurance rate increases and the registration fees, the system is trying to discourage RV ownership.
01-08-2018, 14:30
Hi Hish,

If there's an effort to discourage Class A RV ownership no doubt it'll show up in California first. If you want to stop someone from doing something charging them for it is very effective. With the small number of Class A RVs out there, relatively speaking, and the small number of miles driven annually one should conclude we aren't the problem.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
01-08-2018, 18:49 (This post was last modified: 01-08-2018 23:47 by Hisham Amaral.)
Hi David
Happy New Year for you and your family.
You are correct the RV users number and sales are nothing in comparison to the sales of automobiles which runs into 10-17M annually. But you know that there no sales Taxes Montana therefore the registrations annual fees are so minimum there should be no issue for any of RV owners. Considering that I have to pay $900.00 annual registration for on my vehicle in Nevada, the Montana registration fee is cheap. And that is not all the state charge sales tax of 8.5% on the MSEP and not what you pay for the vehicle, but we don't have state income tax some gifts (given from the right have and taken away with the left hand).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)