Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97 Liberty
07-20-2021, 12:12
RE: 97 Liberty
(07-20-2021 08:59)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 11:14)jhands Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 09:01)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  Yes, I added roof airs. Ask away

I believe my coach came with 3 cruisairs. 2 in the rear bedroom, one on either side of the bed facing forward, and one up in the front behind the captain chair facing the back of the coach.

One of the units must have died and been removed because a larger house battery bank is behind one of the vent grates in the basement that the external AC unit sits in front of.

So here’s the deal. The OTR system has brand new hoses. I don’t believe that the cruisairs work anymore. Are they on the same r12 circuit as the OTR?

My wife and I will be full timing, so capturing some storage underneath and also creating some new storage inside where the old units were could be nice.

I see you put 2 15k units on your roof. Was your rig a 40? How’d they cool in the hot 4?

Where were your cruisairs located in the basement that you tapped the wiring?

Thanks in advance!

J
The cruisairs in our 45 foot Liberty were- 2 behind front bumper, and 2 mid ships behind a panel. The OTR air is totally separate system from the cruisairs.
I added 3 of the 15,000 Dometic brisk airs. I ran the wires thru the ceiling to an outlet for the washer/dryer, one to an outlet under the sink and one that I used the wiring for the front cruisair that was removed. Roof airs are loud- but you don’t sweat. My cruisairs were nice and quiet- but you sweat.
I don’t like to sweat going to bed. If I did, I’d buy a tent.

Hey Ernie, thanks for the reply. I’m pretty savvy with wiring housing stuff. The units I’m looking at require number 12 wire and 20 amp circuit. Is 20 amp wiring typically what’s run through these? If so, I can hit any j box realistically.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2021, 08:25
RE: 97 Liberty
(07-20-2021 12:12)jhands Wrote:  
(07-20-2021 08:59)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 11:14)jhands Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 09:01)Ernie Ekberg Wrote:  Yes, I added roof airs. Ask away

I believe my coach came with 3 cruisairs. 2 in the rear bedroom, one on either side of the bed facing forward, and one up in the front behind the captain chair facing the back of the coach.

One of the units must have died and been removed because a larger house battery bank is behind one of the vent grates in the basement that the external AC unit sits in front of.

So here’s the deal. The OTR system has brand new hoses. I don’t believe that the cruisairs work anymore. Are they on the same r12 circuit as the OTR?

My wife and I will be full timing, so capturing some storage underneath and also creating some new storage inside where the old units were could be nice.

I see you put 2 15k units on your roof. Was your rig a 40? How’d they cool in the hot 4?

Where were your cruisairs located in the basement that you tapped the wiring?

Thanks in advance!

J
The cruisairs in our 45 foot Liberty were- 2 behind front bumper, and 2 mid ships behind a panel. The OTR air is totally separate system from the cruisairs.
I added 3 of the 15,000 Dometic brisk airs. I ran the wires thru the ceiling to an outlet for the washer/dryer, one to an outlet under the sink and one that I used the wiring for the front cruisair that was removed. Roof airs are loud- but you don’t sweat. My cruisairs were nice and quiet- but you sweat.
I don’t like to sweat going to bed. If I did, I’d buy a tent.

Hey Ernie, thanks for the reply. I’m pretty savvy with wiring housing stuff. The units I’m looking at require number 12 wire and 20 amp circuit. Is 20 amp wiring typically what’s run through these? If so, I can hit any j box realistically.
Yes, lots of 20 amp circuits. The only thing- if you tie into one, you can only run 1 device at a time off that individual circuit

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)