Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
01-14-2015, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 09:45 by CC_Guy.)
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
David,

Great catch on the HP needed. I hate it when I rely on marketing data :-(

There are numerous safety features with these batteries. One is that they can't be depleted beyond their design criteria. This is controlled by the battery control module. It also has fail-safe shutdowns. The most dramatic is creating a physical barrier between the plates to stop the flow of ions. Of course, this would render the battery useless. The battery bank is made up of several batteries, each of which can be replaced as needed. The entire bank doesn't have to replaced at the same time.

The size of the generator can be reduced as it would no longer need to be sized for peak loads. Above average loads could be supplemented by the battery bank. This feature is similar to the feature you have with your Trace inverters.

Why not install two 150A equalizers? They are simple, proven, and reliable.

You'll love this one. I was recently helping someone with a high end newer coach that has a 24V battery bank. The coach has one 24V alternator and uses a single Delco regulator that regulates the alternator based on the chassis batteries needs. The Lifeline house batteries are given whatever the chassis batteries want through a battery isolator. Simply a case of taking the cheap route; I can't imagine another reason.

FWIW, the Volta battery uses nickel, not iron.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries - CC_Guy - 01-14-2015 15:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)