Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump
06-26-2017, 22:14
RE: Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump
David,

Usually the Grundfos pump will run to replenish the system pressure each time the toilet is flushed or faucet water is run for a while. I can hear it come on and it will run for about 10 seconds and then shut off.

If it started to run or cycle frequently without the toilet being flushed or water being drawn, that would be a good indication that water is leaking somewhere. So, with the system configured to supply water only pumped from the tank allows me the ability to find leaks much faster than being hooked directly to CG post water.

If I was hooked directly to CG post water with the CG post valve left turned on, I probably wouldn’t notice a water leak until I seen it running across the floor or under the coach. By then the damage would be way more. So, I’m a fan of pump supplied water from the tank only but, as with all the critical household systems, I would want some redundancy with a backup 12V pump included in the water delivery system.

I think, although I can’t read the model # on my 12V Surflo pump, it is rated at 5.5 GPM at 60 PSI. So, the one you are considering should work fine if you have space to install it.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump - cmillsap - 06-26-2017 22:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)