Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run AC's from Inverters or not
06-08-2017, 22:02 (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 23:14 by travelite.)
RE: Run AC's from Inverters or not
Chuck,

That's how all four of my cruisairs are wired. All four are powered thru the inverters; in fact, all 120VAC loads are powered thru the inverters. I'm guessing if you check your inverter's amp meter it'll say -65 to -75A indicating the amperage is being directed from the inverter into the battery bank. In other words, the inverters are charging the battery bank and as you say are in Bulk charge. You should be able to pull them out of Bulk by going into the control panel and backing absorption time from 3 hours to zero. When you do this the bulk led will extinguish at which point you can restore the absorption time to its default of 3 hours. (Anytime incoming AC is switched, whether shore or genny, the inverters will go into Bulk charge and stay there for 3 hours). We know an inverter can't simultaneously charge and invert but they can simultaneously charge and send 120VAC power to your AC's from your generator using their internal transfer switch. I'm thinking that when you're traveling and your bedroom and salon AC's are on and the generator is running the inverters are charging and via their internal transfer switches they are sending generator power to the ACs - I would think this is so because of course the power coming from your 50DN is DC and the air conditioners require AC. If the inverters are charging then the AC power isn't coming from your inverters so it must be coming from the genny, but your low genny amperage load puzzles me??? Your setup is also interesting in that when you're parked the two AC's wired to your inverters are transfer switched to shore or genny power joining your other two inverters. Whew, that was a lot to say! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Run AC's from Inverters or not - davidbrady - 06-08-2017 22:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)