Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
04-27-2017, 18:20 (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 18:56 by cmillsap.)
Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
So, you’re considering buying your first Prevost or you have just purchased it and are wondering how much that thing is going to cost you to keep it repaired and in proper condition. Hopefully, if you have just bought it, you have already taken it to Prevost for a Pre-Purchase Inspection and experienced the great service provided to all owners regardless of the age of the bus. If so, then you already know that great service doesn’t come cheap.

Omitting any emergency repairs throughout the year, you should have your Prevost serviced and inspected annually. Typically, owners put less than 10,000 miles annually on their bus but if you will be using it to rack up more mileage than that, the service and inspection intervals will need to be more frequent.

Many mechanically inclined owners like to do as much of the service and inspections as they can, like changing the fluids and filters, but there is only so much that can be done without getting under the bus to do so. In most cases that is a difficult proposition as you need a pit or a method to raise the bus to provide adequate space underneath to perform the repair or service. The safety factor is an important consideration also. Over the years, I’ve found it to be much more convenient to let the knowledgeable Techs at Prevost and Marathon do the work. Although it’s not cheap, I believe it to be money well spent.

So, what’s a Prevost owner to expect regarding the cost to keep their Prevost conversion in proper running order. Well, as an example, posted below is a recent invoice I received from Prevost for the annual service and inspection performed on my bus. Over a period of a year you will find little issues on your bus that needs fixing and this invoice reflects several of those items initiated by me. There’s almost always air leaks that needs attention. The braking system and components should always get a rigorist inspection. And, as you can see, there was some items located under the bus that needed repair that I wasn’t even aware of, such as the tag lift canisters.

And I haven’t even spoken of the household items that invariably need service and repair. Many of those repairs, I do myself but I maintain a list of items that I can’t do and have Marathon fix them when I’m near one of their service centers.

Last year, I spent $21,180 on my Prevost. Granted that some of the items on the list I chose to do to upgrade my coach and generally speaking are not required but I like to keep it looking as new as possible for a 14 year-old coach.

This year I’ve only spent the $2,836 as reflected on the invoice below but I intend to visit Marathon this summer to have a few things fixed that will add to this year’s total cost.

As a new or potential owner, this should give you a good idea of what you can most likely look forward to as an average cost to maintain a Prevost.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

.pdf  Prevost Expenses in 2016.pdf (Size: 215.92 KB / Downloads: 67)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like cmillsap's post:
davidbrady (04-27-2017), mpage (04-27-2017)

Messages In This Thread
Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs - cmillsap - 04-27-2017 18:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)