Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Owning a Prevost is Boring
04-18-2017, 21:47 (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 21:58 by davidbrady.)
RE: Owning a Prevost is Boring
Admittedly I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but not the part about the kids hammering on it! There are a few long standing things which I may or may not fix. Judging by the whistling sound they make, I know my tag axle lift chambers could use new diaphragms and there are bound to be a few more items, even if I can't think of them right now, nor could the techs at Burke Christian Tours where I recently had it serviced. In all seriousness, what I'm referring to are the items that break mid-trip. My BB always had a lengthy list upon return. I have notebooks to prove it. I kept all my lists in these notebooks and I have several: tighten this, fix that squeak, AH leaks, tstats need replacing and on and on. All one needs to do is visit WOG to see the myriad of daily problems that the casual owner faces. I find my Prevost simply doesn't break mid-trip. I attribute it to the quality of the build and the fact that the chassis doesn't shake itself to pieces. Don't get me wrong, I love the American icon that the BB is, but oh boy, research and development stopped in the eighties.

Then there are upgrades and it seems Ernie and I have plenty of those, but they're all limited to the audio/visual. Electronics just don't age well. We need a Winegard rally! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Owning a Prevost is Boring - davidbrady - 04-18-2017 21:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)