Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
06-14-2019, 22:19 (This post was last modified: 06-14-2019 22:22 by davidbrady.)
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
(06-14-2019 19:29)cmillsap Wrote:  
(06-14-2019 18:29)davidbrady Wrote:  I got my hands on the last piece of the puzzle: plated copper busbars for the Power Boards. The busbars are made E-Fab, they're high quality, and I got them at a good price. I now have everything I need to start building complete Power Board assemblies.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin The community (especially the inverter repair shops) really needs these boards to keep our Trace 4024's up and running. They are scarce as hen's teeth, if you can even find one. David, the market is going to demand substantial quantities. Hopefully, you can find a small company to assemble them for you.

These are great inverters and I would hate to have to change mine out. I worry about them as they are 16years old, so I watch their loading very closely. This hot weather in AZ really gives them a workout. Running 3 A/Cs with 2 on the same inverter in 100*F+ weather will sometimes pull the voltage down to as low as 112V and pulls 32A. If that happens and in an effort to keep inverters running cooler, I shut off one of the A/Cs to get voltage back up on that leg to at least 117V. Two A/Cs will keep my coach cooled to 79*F to 80*F in 100*+ temps. We're plenty cool and comfy at that temp.

Thanks Chuck. My next task is to shop around for good pricing on fabrication and assembly; my second next job is to get the word out to the various RV repair centers and inverter repair centers. So far, with the exception of Donnie Myers at DMRV, this forum is the only outlet I've had. I need to get on the horn and if any of you out there have any ideas I'd very much like to hear them Thanks! Oh!, also, I'm not stopping here. The Power Boards are the obvious first choice for replacement, but the control boards aren't far behind, and that's my next project.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board - davidbrady - 06-14-2019 22:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)