Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powered Sewer Hoses and Sewer storage tanks
09-16-2018, 09:28 (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 10:36 by travelite.)
RE: Powered Sewer Hoses and Sewer storage tanks
Chuck,

That cable remote is standard Glendinning. Vantare has the same remote and I would expect it's standard equipment with most converters of our vintage coach.

BTW, I attached Marathon's patent if anyone wishes to implement a similar hose extension/retraction system.

Chuck, what if you don't want to use this feature? Can you manually pull out the hose and store it? I can imagine some tight quarters situations where you don't want the hose to pneumatically pop out and you may want to do it manually instead. (I wouldn't want to give my neighboring camper a black eye, for instance). Also, when you take the cap off the end are you greeted with a puff of air? And, how does it stay clean? It's customary to first dump the black then the grey to flush the hose but then most of us disconnect the hose and run fresh water thru it to further clean it, and lastly is the dragging on the ground an issue? These dump hoses aren't the toughest things, so I'm imagining the hose developing pinholes overtime as the air pressure forcefully drags the hose across the ground. Is this a problem?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  MarathonsDumpHosePatent.pdf (Size: 507.29 KB / Downloads: 5)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes davidbrady's post:
travelite (09-16-2018)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Powered Sewer Hoses and Sewer storage tanks - davidbrady - 09-16-2018 09:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)