Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In my yard
04-05-2017, 11:56 (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 11:56 by Hisham Amaral.)
RE: In my yard
(04-04-2017 19:54)ERNIEE Wrote:  David- when that belt was gone, I did spin the fan and noticed how nice and quiet it was. The tech who put the new belt on and then tested it by doing what he did in the above electrical cabinet- almost blew me past the doors of the engine compartment- what a rush of air.
Chuck, the service writer gave me a call this afternoon to see how things worked out. I told him, great, and have an appointment for OTR air check out on Monday

Erniee
Hope you don't have to replace the OTR compressor but if you do Prevost is having a sale on the OTR compressors. A link to the sale on compressors.
https://www.prevostcar.com/sites/default...mo_usd.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 08:28
Hish, I see that the compressor engages and see fluid in the sight glasses. The tech that came out to our home and replaced the belts said it maybe one of the relays that is the culprit. Monday the coach goes in as I will need OTR air on our trip to Montana in June. I don't like to sweat

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
04-07-2017, 18:19
(04-01-2017 10:18)davidbrady Wrote:  Sucks Ernie. I guess this is what they call the "red carpet" treatment. Hopefully they get it all resolved for you. Definitely worth filing a complaint with the service manager.

I guess not all Prevost Service Centers are created equally. I've heard great things about Jacksonville, I dread going to Nashville, they move at a snails pace and there're some techs there I try to avoid. The best I've experienced was Redmond, BC just outside of Vancouver, but that's a bit of a hike! Smile I bought my bus in Kamloops, BC and after finalizing the deal I headed straight to the Redmond shop for fluids and filters and whatever else they could find. They were thorough, efficient, and had great senses of humor. Canadians are very proud of the Prevost bus as they should be.

We are also proud of Richmond BC where I picked you up to go for dinner! But hey Redmond was close. LOL. Didn't you lose a tophat after that?
04-09-2017, 10:00
Richmond, of course. Thanks! Yes I did lose a tophat, then I stopped in at Marathon in Coburg Oregon and the good folks there handed me an identical replacement for free. This began my happy adventure as a new Prevost owner. Gary, come on down to Asheville and Susana, the kids and I will treat you to dinner. You'll never forget the experience! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2017, 17:40
I received an emailed invoice for service call to our home and belt replacement. Total was $425. And they credited my account the same amount. I was impressed

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
[-] The following 1 user Likes ERNIEE's post:
davidbrady (04-09-2017)
04-17-2017, 19:58
Picked the coach up last Friday. She was sitting level. Drove it home, with no issues. The OTR air was freezing my buddies on the way. parked it in the yard and after a day, she started the right hand lean. Fired it up, and she levelled off. About 4 hours later it did the right hand lean. I know I have the tag bags to replace as they look suspect. The front bags were replaced. Why does this thing do the leaning? My bird never did that.

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
04-17-2017, 21:43 (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 21:45 by cmillsap.)
(04-17-2017 19:58)ERNIEE Wrote:  Picked the coach up last Friday. She was sitting level. Drove it home, with no issues. The OTR air was freezing my buddies on the way. parked it in the yard and after a day, she started the right hand lean. Fired it up, and she levelled off. About 4 hours later it did the right hand lean. I know I have the tag bags to replace as they look suspect. The front bags were replaced. Why does this thing do the leaning? My bird never did that.

Ernie, It usually means you have an air leak in the right side drive or tag suspension air springs or associated air line and valves. I have seen leaning 'Birds.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
09-07-2018, 19:07
(04-01-2017 10:18)davidbrady Wrote:  Sucks Ernie. I guess this is what they call the "red carpet" treatment. Hopefully they get it all resolved for you. Definitely worth filing a complaint with the service manager.

I guess not all Prevost Service Centers are created equally. I've heard great things about Jacksonville, I dread going to Nashville, they move at a snails pace and there're some techs there I try to avoid. The best I've experienced was Redmond, BC just outside of Vancouver, but that's a bit of a hike! Smile I bought my bus in Kamloops, BC and after finalizing the deal I headed straight to the Redmond shop for fluids and filters and whatever else they could find. They were thorough, efficient, and had great senses of humor. Canadians are very proud of the Prevost bus as they should be.

David, regarding Prevost Nashville/Goodletsville, has the service improved? This would also be the Prevost shop we'd be closest to and would appreciate hints whom to avoid. Are there any other reputable alternatives close by?
09-07-2018, 20:17 (This post was last modified: 09-07-2018 20:18 by davidbrady.)
It has Sherry. I was there recently and there were many new faces. I think they cleaned house a bit. I was very happy with my last visit. Prevost Nashville is one of the best service centers when it comes to body work.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
[-] The following 1 user Likes davidbrady's post:
cattfuu (09-09-2018)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)