Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converters use of Automation
12-03-2015, 13:51
Converters use of Automation
Guys, I'd like to get a better feel for what items, components, or features in your coach are controlled by RTI, AMX, Crestron, Techlink, or whatever else excluding audio/visual systems. One of the best ways to do this might be to simply take pics of your handheld screens as you page thru them, but any input whether written, photographed, or converter documentation would be very much appreciated.

My 2004 H3 Vantare uses AMX to control only 8 non-A/V items:

1) front door lock
2) front door unlock
3) shades master
4) panel lights
5) master lights
6) stateroom lights
7) salon left lights, and
8) salon right lights.

All of these items have wall mounted switches which allow control w/o the AMX.

If owners can follow suit with their conversion I'd very much appreciate it.
Thanks!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 21:45 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 22:00 by davidbrady.)
RE: Converters use of Automation
Folks,

Hish was so kind as to take pics of his 2003 Liberty H3 Crestron User Interface. With his permission I've attached them along with my written transcription of what they do. Thanks Hish!

Dash Touch Panel Menu Selections:
Edge Buttons: Air Floor Slide, Fwd Shutters, Entry/Bay Lock, Entry Unlock, Bay Unlock, Entry Lights, Gauge Lights, Generator, Aft Docking Lights, Webasto.

Main Menu Driving Panel, Mechanical Systems, Awning Control, Outside Functions, Lighting Panel, Shades, Sanitary Systems
Menu (1) Air Floor Slide, Forward Shutters, Mechanical Systems, Entry/Bay Door Lock, Entry Door Unlock, Bay Doors Unlocked, Entry Lights, Gauge Lights, Main Menu
Menu (2) Fwd A/C, Mid Port A/C, Mid Stbd A/C, Aft A/c, Webasto Heat, Generator, Auto Start, Main Menu
Menu (3) Awnings Right Front, Right Rear, All, Main Menu
Menu (4) Port Cargo Lights, Starboard Cargo Lights, Aft Cargo Lights, Aft Docking Lights, Outside Neon, Main Menu
Menu (5) Lighting Master, Tivoli Master, Entry Lights, Toe Board Lights, Main Menu
Menu (6) Shades Open, Stop, Shades Close, Main Menu

House Touch Panel Menu Selections:

Main Menu:Living Room Audio/Video, Bedroom Audio/Video, Living Room Sys/DVD Off, Bedroom System Off, Lighting Controls, Mechanical Systems
Menu (1) Lighting Master, Living Room Ceiling Lts, Kitchen Ceiling Lts, Dinette Lights, Sink Lights, Microwave Cabinet Lts, Hall Lights, Bedroom Ceiling Lts, Dresser Lights, Night Light Program Tivoli Master Tivoli Lighting, Main Menu
Menu (2) Generator Webasto Heat, Auto Start, Bay Doors Unlock, Entry/Bay Door Lock, Entry Door Unlock, Awning Control, Air Doors Control, Power Loss Protection, Main Menu

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,

12-04-2015, 11:31
Here's a count of items controlled by Hish's Crestron system:

LIGHTS (21):
Lighting Master, Gauge, Aft Docking, Lighting Panel, Entry, Port Cargo, Starboard Cargo, Aft Cargo, Outside Neon, Tivoli Master, Toe Board, Living Room Ceiling, Kitchen Ceiling, Dinette, Sink, Microwave Cabinet, Hall, Bedroom Celing, Dresser, Night, Tivoli

SHADES (4):
Fwd Shutters, Shades Open, Stop, Shades Close

HVAC (5):
Fwd A/C, Mid Port A/C, Mid Stbd A/C, Aft A/C, Webasto Heat

GENERATOR (3):
Power Loss Protection, Generator, Auto Start

AWNINGS (3):
Awning Right Front, Right Rear, All

LOCKS (3):
Entry/Bay Lock, Entry Door Unlock, Bay Doors Unlock

MECHANICAL SYSTEMS (1):
Air Floor Slide

OUTSIDE FUNCTIONS (1):
Sanitary Systems

Total count: (41) items

david brady,

12-05-2015, 12:09
More pics of Hish's '03 H3 Liberty's switches, electrics, and user interface. Thanks Hish!

İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,

12-13-2015, 20:03 (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 01:05 by cmillsap.)
David,

Sorry for the delay as I've been away from the bus. Here are some pics of what my Crestron system controls. Also a couple of pics of the Techlink modules. I also included a few pics of the switch plates. I have 9 of these throughout the coach.

Also, I have added pics of the Techlink Panel and screens

İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-02-2018, 16:54 (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 16:59 by Dan Young.)
(12-03-2015 13:51)davidbrady Wrote:  Guys, I'd like to get a better feel for what items, components, or features in your coach are controlled by RTI, AMX, Crestron, Techlink, or whatever else excluding audio/visual systems. One of the best ways to do this might be to simply take pics of your handheld screens as you page thru them, but any input whether written, photographed, or converter documentation would be very much appreciated.

1) front door lock
2) front door unlock
3) shades master
4) panel lights
5) master lights
6) stateroom lights
8) salon right lights.

Thanks!

(02-02-2018 16:54)Dan Young Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 13:51)davidbrady Wrote:  Guys, I'd like to get a better feel for what items, components, or features in your coach are controlled by RTI, AMX, Crestron, Techlink, or whatever else excluding audio/visual systems. One of the best ways to do this might be to simply take pics of your handheld screens as you page thru them, but any input whether written, photographed, or converter documentation would be very much appreciated.

1) front door lock
2) front door unlock
3) shades master
4) panel lights
5) master lights
6) stateroom lights
8) salon right lights.

Thanks!

I have Marathron H 345 the remote for windows will not work can't find replacement have talked to Leon at fac not avd any suguation thanks Dan
02-02-2018, 19:34 (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018 17:08 by cmillsap.)
Dan,

We need a little more clarification...

Are you saying you cannot find a remote unit with the windows operating system to use to operate your Crestron system? If so, many owners have upgraded to an Apple ipad unit. It's expensive as the Crestron has to be reprogramed and your equipment have to be adapted to communicate with the ipad.

OR:

Are you saying the windows on your bus can be opened or closed using a remote unit and the one you have will not work?? I'm not aware of any remotely operated (open/close) of the windows. At least, my Marathon doesn't have it. They are manually unlocked or locked and air driven.

The household items (Marathon installed) are controlled by two systems. Crestron & Techlink.

As regards the Crestron system, it basically controls the A/V system but can open or close the blinds one at a time or all blinds in the salon or bedroom. It also can remotely operate the lights. The Crestron system can remotely tap into the Techlink monitor and show the Techlink screens such as tank levels, generator output levels such as voltage and amperage, house battery bank condition, voltage and amperage draw (both AC & DC). Marathon models newer than 2004 (my bus) may allow the Crestron to do more chores of which I am not familiar.

The Techlink system (comprised of a computer and many remotely wired low voltage integrated control modules located throughout the bus) control just about everything else that Marathon installed such as the water bay functions, water pump, heaters & air conditioners, air doors and air slide and many others too numerous to mention here.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-13-2018, 13:38 (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 13:42 by Dan Young.)
(02-02-2018 19:34)cmillsap Wrote:  Dan,

We need a little more clarification...

Are you saying you cannot find a remote unit with the windows operating system to use to operate your Crestron system? If so, many owners have upgraded to an Apple ipad unit. It's expensive as the Crestron has to be reprogramed and your equipment have to be adapted to communicate with the ipad.

OR:

Are you saying the windows on your bus can be opened or closed using a remote unit and the one you have will not work?? I'm not aware of any remotely operated (open/close) of the windows. At least, my Marathon doesn't have it. They are manually unlocked or locked and air driven.

The household items (Marathon installed) are controlled by two systems. Crestron & Techlink.

As regards the Crestron system, it basically controls the A/V system but can open or close the blinds one at a time or all blinds in the salon or bedroom. It also can remotely operate the lights. The Crestron system can remotely tap into the Techlink monitor and show the Techlink screens such as tank levels, generator output levels such as voltage and amperage, house battery bank condition, voltage and amperage draw (both AC & DC). Marathon models newer than 2004 (my bus) may allow the Crestron to do more chores of which I am not familiar.

The Techlink system (comprised of a computer and many remotely wired low voltage integrated control modules located throughout the bus) control just about everything else that Marathon installed such as the water bay functions, water pump, heaters & air conditioners, air doors and air slide and many others too numerous to mention here.

It is my shades Where and who can program the creston sys and can it be programed to my I Pad thanks Dan
02-13-2018, 20:40 (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 20:46 by cmillsap.)
Dan,

When I bought my ’03 Marathon from Marathon in Dallas, some of the Crestron programs did not work. Two of the 4 ACs and a couple of other items would not respond properly to the Crestron. The Crestron’s program was the original version and I still have the (2) original bulky Crestron remotes. Marathon Coburg have (over the years) periodically updated the original Crestron computer program that can still communicate with the original bulky remotes. Coburg sent Dallas the updated programming and the boys in Dallas used it to reprogram my system.

If your remote still controls everything but the blinds, I would doubt the remote is bad. I would suspect the Crestron computer needs reprogramming.

So, you should be able to get Marathon to reprogram it with the updated version which should allow the Crestron to again control your shades. Or, Marathon would be happy to upgrade your Crestron to allow you to control everything with your ipad. I think it was costing about $5000 a few years ago, probably a lot more now.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-14-2018, 23:18 (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 23:26 by Dan Young.)
(02-13-2018 20:40)cmillsap Wrote:  Dan,

When I bought my ’03 Marathon from Marathon in Dallas, some of the Crestron programs did not work. Two of the 4 ACs and a couple of other items would not respond properly to the Crestron. The Crestron’s program was the original version and I still have the (2) original bulky Crestron remotes. Marathon Coburg have (over the years) periodically updated the original Crestron computer program that can still communicate with the original bulky remotes. Coburg sent Dallas the updated programming and the boys in Dallas used it to reprogram my system.

If your remote still controls everything but the blinds, I would doubt the remote is bad. I would suspect the Crestron computer needs reprogramming.

So, you should be able to get Marathon to reprogram it with the updated version which should allow the Crestron to again control your shades. Or, Marathon would be happy to upgrade your Crestron to allow you to control everything with your ipad. I think it was costing about $5000 a few years ago, probably a lot more now.

My remote only operated widow shades in salon they can be operated by Button behind passenger all operate on one side together I had too put togall switch on each shade to get shade where I needed them it's ok just takes time not like should be not Prevoist stlyle Dan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)