Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
Coach heat - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Plumbing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Coach heat (/showthread.php?tid=1203)

Coach heat - cubeman - 02-26-2019 19:34

Hello Gurus , Seems I have great coach heat , in fact so good I cant turn it off , lol Is it possible the heater temp restate is shot ? It would be the loop on the OTR side not the dash heat . I can control that but not the cabin . It provides heat even in the off position .

RE: Coach heat - davidbrady - 02-26-2019 23:42

Al,

I'd check circuit breaker 79 which should be in the front panel by the driver's side door. I'd also check the normally open water shutoff solenoid on the ceiling of the spare tire compartment. Your maintenance manual at section 10.1.2, page 22-42 says to:

1. Faulty control circuit: Check the electric system by energizing the solenoid. A metallic clicking noise indicates that the solenoid is operating. Absence of clicking indicates a loss of power or a defective solenoid. Check for open breaker, open-circuited or grounded coil, broken lead wires.

2. Burned-out coil: Check for open-circuited coil. Replace coil if necessary.

3. Low voltage: Check voltage across the coil leads. Voltage must be at least 21 volts.

4. Excessive leakage: Disassemble valve and clean all parts. For best results, replace worn or damaged parts with a complete spare parts kit.

RE: Coach heat - cubeman - 02-27-2019 08:21

Thank you David. I did check #79 and she clicked when I pushed , so I'm hopeful. I also found a valve in bay #3 street side so I will check there if this doesn't work . Now if I remove this valve after closing the gate valves how much anti-freeze you think will flow out ? Is there a drain in the line somewhere so it dosent just spill on the ground ?

RE: Coach heat - cubeman - 02-28-2019 22:17

wanted to report 79 did the trick Smile Thank you GuRus Smile

RE: Coach heat - cubeman - 03-01-2019 12:30

Well , so much for a heat issue . Drove most of the day yesterday and we are now in Ga with windows open taking a brake . Soon it will be Air Condition Smile Thanks for all the help , man does this bus ride sweet Smile