Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
TV antenna decision - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Electronics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: TV antenna decision (/showthread.php?tid=1197)

TV antenna decision - John9861 - 02-14-2019 08:11

After a bit of reflexion, discussion, soul searching & whatever else goes into deciding which antenna to use a decision has been made. Mostly based on the amount of use & the fact we are already Dish customers we will be going with the Dish Playmaker Hopper receiver combo & an omni directional for local channels. Equipment at just over $400 & an add on to our dish account at $7/ month works for me. Since the equipment is not here yet some things still remain to be seen. This will be a 1 tv setup for the salon as we have never been tv watchers in the bedroom. But if someone wanted the Playmaker comes in dual setup that requires a 2nd Hopper & another $7/ mth. By the way this set up is also available by the month as you go if you are not a Dish describer. The other thing that could be an issue is the fact that the Playmaker should be pointed toward the southern sky. This is not shared on the Dish web site but is on the Winegard site. But I may have an answer for this as I have Datastorm & Motosat antennas on the roof & I might be able to use the base of one to mount the Playmaker on & hopefully be able to turn the unit just enough to make it work. Especially since not all parking spots will be pointed to the south. Supposedly my local channels will drop after a certain amount of distance away from home (so Dish says). I don't understand that but thus the omni directional antenna for locals wherever we might be. So wish me luck on the old antenna base being used as a positioner & I'll keep the $1000 difference for other issues that are inevitable.

John

RE: TV antenna decision - Ernie Ekberg - 02-14-2019 08:39

I mounted a winegard razar on my roof and don't have to pay any monthly fee

RE: TV antenna decision - cubeman - 02-15-2019 17:53

Good for you Ernie, me on the other hand is still trying to figure out how to raise it , lol