Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
suspension ride height - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Chassis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: suspension ride height (/showthread.php?tid=1166)

suspension ride height - davidbrady - 11-20-2018 10:04

While at Prevost in Goodlettesville, Tn they spotted a very early leak on a tag axle seal. While in there replacing the seal I let them adjust the rear ride height. They set it to 12". The tech said my ride height was 0.75" low so I let him adjust it to what he said was the proper height of 12". It looked high to me but I went with it. The ride home was awful. The 12" ride height was obviously incorrect. Once home I pulled up my manual and found the correct height to be 11.5" +-1/8". Before my trip to Sanford FL I readjusted the height. Perfection! The coach is planted and handles right with very little lean. Beware of service centers adjusting incorrectly. It's happened to me before when they insisted on setting my steer axle to 12". BTW, when I readjusted my rear ride axle I set it to the low side of the range at 11 3/8".

RE: suspension ride height - Ernie Ekberg - 11-20-2018 18:22

its amazing how such a small change can make such a huge difference

RE: suspension ride height - davidbrady - 11-21-2018 11:55

Big difference Ernie. Lots of bus roll with the height set too high. I drove home from Goodlettesville on I40 through the Great Smokey Mountains into Asheville. I noticed the aux air system and the S60 air compressor working much harder than usual as the coach dumped and replenished air on every turn. Air springs get softer as you increase the height making the rear of the bus flop around. Setting it back to where it should be plus a little less solved the problem.

RE: suspension ride height - Robert Britton - 11-21-2018 21:27

When I had my coach serviced at Prevost Mira Loma, they said the front was to low and adjusted it up around 3/4". It looked high to me but drove it 300 miles home...the ride was terrible, the front end seemed to just slam the expansion joints on the freeway and handling felt sloppy. Dropped it back down before my trip out to Colorado and all was back normal...drives like a dream!