Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
Older units still in service - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Welcome to Prevost Gurus (PreGu, pronounced pray-goo, yes, another spaghetti sauce pun) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Older units still in service (/showthread.php?tid=1142)

Older units still in service - PastorMP - 08-21-2018 18:06

Good afternoon POG, I'm in my early stages of looking to purchase a used coach. My question for the group is: If I purchase on good used coach about 12-15 years old, what's is the life of the unit and more particular the systems on board. At this age are the systems more prone to fail? Is new complete systems in the near future? I'm asking about systems like electric and plumbing also windows. Do these systems tent to last many years with minimal service. I completely understand, tires, A/C service, generator maintenance, batteries (all batteries Included). I read here for some time. I got it. I just haven't seen anything on older units in service. Possibly I'm overlooked a thread somewhere is so I do apologise and please send me to the correct thread. I'm looking for input from anyone. Thank you and blessings to you all. Huh

RE: Older units still in service - davidbrady - 08-22-2018 21:46

Welcome to the forum PastorMP.

Yes, the stuff lasts. The chassis is 2 million miles, the S60 engine is 1 million. Most of the house infrastructure is commercial grade. Trace SW inverters run 24x7 for years without issue. The generators can go for 10's of thousands of hours, the domestic fresh water pump and the cruisair air conditioners are all commercial grade and made to last 25+ years. Audio/visual will need to be upgraded to keep up with the times; for instance, a 15 year old coach won't have a digital TV tuner for broadcast TV. Windows on the H3 were dual pane starting with chassis year 2003 and 2004 for the XLII. Sometimes you hear about the seal breaking on a window and fogging up but it's not common. These things are built to last.