Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Interior (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV (/showthread.php?tid=106)

New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - travelite - 03-31-2015 12:59

This past weekend I picked up my coach at Donnie Myers Luxury Coach in Sanford Florida. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of working with Donnie and his staff then you're missing out! Go there at once and have Donnie's gang work their magic on your coach. You won't be disappointed. Below are a few pics of the shower built and installed by DMRV. Because most of Donnie's craftspeople are ex Vantare employees, they know exactly how Vantare's are assembled and where every hidden screw and fastener is located. They were able to demolish my old, outdated, and leaking shower without destroying the Corian door, riser, and surrounds. They even managed to preserve my etched glass window. The box is fabricated of 3/4" plywood which is then treated to a hand applied fiberglass layup creating a truly stiff and water tight structure, then the tile is applied and all the finishing touches. Working with their highly skilled and multi-talented interior designer, Debby, my wife and I were able to easily narrow our design choices to a set of very stunning ceramics and glass that truly augment the original style of the coach. Donnie has an uncanny way of anticipating an owners needs and desires. He was applying his team's magic touches to various areas of my coach including an Aquahot service, complete with new silicon rubber engine loop hoses, a new glendenning real motor, a buffing, wax and polish of the exterior, including the wheels! He also installed slide seals both inner and outer. Folks, I really enjoy turning wrenches and doing as much of my own work as I can, and I'll continue to do that, but Donnie's experience with Vantare's is invaluable. A trip to DMRV means that your coach will be treated to some very, very special Vantare tricks and techniques that Donnie has developed and fine tuned over the years. For instance, a bump stop on my salon slide had recently sheared off. Donnie's team welded a new bump stop on. That was great and I'd expect that from any shop, but the extra is that Donnie welded on a bigger stronger bump stop AND he fabricated a striker plate which fits on the slide body for the bump stop to mate to! (The striker plate is something that Vantare left off). This is the extra attention to detail and tender loving care that your coach will enjoy at DMRV. Thanks Donnie and a big thank you to your highly skilled team! I'm very much looking forward to my next visit for an RTI upgrade!

RE: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - Ernie Ekberg - 07-07-2015 20:28

what brand plumbing fixture is that, David?

RE: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - davidbrady - 07-08-2015 13:28

Hey Ernie,

It's all Moen - their oil rubbed bronze (ORB) Voss collection. The shower has a constant temperature control and a water on/off/volume control. The shower head is a newfangled paddle that rotates into 4 positions at 90deg increments. IOWs, the front, back, and both sides have water jets which give different spray patterns and pulsations, etc. I can get part numbers if you'd like.

Here's the shower head. It also needs two valves, one for volume and one for temperature.

RE: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - Ernie Ekberg - 07-09-2015 08:14

does your coach have constant hot water? It takes a few seconds of running the shower before the water gets hot in my coach

RE: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - davidbrady - 07-09-2015 09:25

Hi Ernie,

Yes, I have an Aquahot. I find though that the water temps put out by the webasto, versus electric heating elements, versus the engine heating after a long drive vary enough to be a problem with the kids. The Moen constant temp valve evens all that out. It's works really well.

RE: New Shower for SpongeBob, Donnie Myers, DMRV - cubeman - 02-03-2019 13:13

I can not believe you have had SpongBob this long , WOW Smile